Changing to the best high back booster car seats is unavoidable when your kids have outgrown the harnessed ones.
They will not only give their upper body more needed support, but they will also protect them from sudden impacts.
If you don’t know how to choose one when it comes to purchasing, here we provide you with some tips to find the best product for your needs.
Table of Contents
Advantages Of The Best High Back Booster Car Seats
The best high back booster seat provides a strong base and sides that the backless does not.
With that improvement, children will be secure throughout the drive without any fear of sudden collisions.
Increasing the seat height means that the seat belt, originally designed for adults, can support your kids in all positions with extra head, neck, and leg support in most seats.
How convenient it is!
Seat belts are not comfortable to wear if you are not tall enough to fit in.
In this case, high back seats, with additional cushioning, padding, and even the armrests will help fill out inconvenient space.
High back car seats can be convertible, so they will surely accompany the children regardless of their growing up.
Meanwhile, the backless ones are designed only for some particular part of their development. Can you notice the difference here?
How To Choose A Suitable Device?
1. Types Of The High Back Booster Car Seat
LATCH Installation System
LATCH stands for the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children, which contributes greatly to ease of installation.
To be more specific, it uses fixed anchor points in the car instead of the vehicle’s seat belts to install child booster seats correctly.
Seat Belt Installation
Booster seats without LATCH systems are connected to the vehicle through the seat belt.
But this method has been less popular since the invention of the LATCH.
2. Vital Attributes
Because car installation systems have different types, it is important to know which one you are looking for.
LATCH systems are technically safer, with some requirements of setting up the base before you connect the booster seat to your vehicle.
If the headrest can be flexibly modified, it means that the seat’s height can be adjusted, too.
Of course, having a flexible headrest will help the product go along with your child for a longer period.
Key factors of high back booster seats are to support and protect your children without any concern about their physical development, while the ordinary seat belt can not satisfy them.
As a result, most infant car seats also offer side-impact protection, including around the sides and around the leg rest, wings, and shoulder pads.
3. Other Ponderings
- Removable covers for cleaning: Easy-to-remove seat pads that can go straight to the washing machine must be the most considerable item.
- Mobile model: If you have more than one car, or you simply don’t want your car seat to be upsettingly stuck with a booster on, the transferable product between the seats will solve this problem.
- Comfort: It is also a main factor of the high back type. Besides caring about your kids’ neck and back, you should consider other convenient aspects, such as wings to backup the head, armrests, and changeable leg rests.
- Extra elements: Premium models often come with trivial things, like cup holders, activity trays, adjustable reclining angles, and a bunch of other extra features.
List of Some Best High Back Booster Seat Products
In case you are wondering if you can not pick up a suitable product for your kid, here we suggest you top 5 best high back booster car seats according to our point of view.
The below result is based on the analysis of the information we collected:
- Graco Affix Highback Booster Seat
- Big Kid LX High Back Booster
- Chicco KidFit 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat
- Evenflo Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Seat
- Britax Highpoint 2-Stage Booster Car Seat
Although there are different types of booster car seats on the market, the high back ones are considered the safest kind.
Besides ensuring safety, it is assumed to bring the most comfort for the children.
We hope all the above information will help you come up with an idea about the best high back booster car seats for your kids, which helps give enjoyable drives to your family.