There are many benefits of purchasing your own dog clippers for your dog than to send them for a shave to professionals. Not all dogs like being handled by strangers.
But, you need to make sure that you are purchasing clippers that are heavy-duty, designed for matted hair and that is designed for dogs only. You can’t use human clippers for dogs. It can be hard to find the right clippers that will last you for a long time.
With this, you will know for sure that you are purchasing the best heavy-duty, dog clippers for matted hair.
Why Can’t You Use Human Clippers for Dog Hair?
The first question that you might be asking is why can’t you use normal human hair clippers for your dog. These clippers are normally a lot cheaper than dog hair clippers. And, they are basically doing the same thing, right?
The thing is that you have hair, and your dog has fur. This is a huge difference when it comes to clipping it. It means that it needs different blades and different bombs.
The clipper will not last very long if you are going to use a human clipper on your dog. And, you might injure your dog in the process.
Things That Really Matter When It Comes to Dog Clippers
When it comes to heavy-duty dog clippers, there are a couple of things that do matters. Things that you need to consider before you can make your purchase. And, this is the things that will distinguish a normal dog clipper from a matted hair clipper.
- The speed settings
- The weight of the clipper
- The size of the clipper
- Cordless is always best for dogs
- Should be quiet
- Easy to maintain
The Blades of the Dog Clippers for Matted Hair
The one thing that you need to make sure about is the blades of the dog clippers. Especially when it comes to matted hair. Something that you might not know, is that you need to change the blades on a regular basis. Or, if it can’t be replaced, you need to sharpen it regularly. Especially if you are using the clipper frequently or on matted hair.
Professional dog groomers prefer the ceramic blades. This is blades that are lasting a lot longer and are able to sharpen easier as well. High-quality blades mean a better, cleaner shave. The only problem with the ceramic blades is that it is a lot more expensive than the other blades.
Other blades that you can consider are titanium blades. It is also high-quality blades that are also sharp and that will last longer than other, normal blades.
Other Features That You Should Look at Before Purchasing
There are other features that are also essential when it comes to purchasing heavy-duty, dog clippers for matted hair. Features that will ensure that you are purchasing the best clipper for your dog.
- The less noise and vibration the clipper is making, the better it will be for your dog. The clipper should not get warm as well.
- Cordless is easier to handle on a dog than to struggle using a clipper that has a cord that is getting tangled with the dog. Making the process longer and harder. Especially, if the dog doesn’t like getting clipped.
- Different speeds. This is great to have different speeds so that you can adjust the speed when you are on delicate parts of the dog’s body. Like when you are on the legs or stomach.
- Different combs sizes included. You want to make sure that you are getting different comb sizes. There are parts that you want to cut shorter than other parts of the dog, and the different size comb will be easier.
Best Heavy Duty, Dog Clippers for Matted Dog Hair
Knowing some of the best heavy-duty, dog clippers for matted dog hair will make it easier to choose the best clipper that will give you value for money.
There are many different dog clippers on the market that is a great choice, but these will be clippers that you will not regret, and that will ensure that you are going to be able to shave your dog like a pro. These are the top dog clippers at the moment, that even professionals are purchasing.
- Andis Excel 5-Speed Clippers
- Wahl Bravura Lithium Professional
- Oster A5 2-Speed Professional Clippers
- Wahl U-Clip Pro Home Pet Grooming Kit
- Andis ProClip UltraEdge
If you are thinking about shaving your dog yourself, then you need to make sure that you are getting a dog clipper that will do the job quickly and efficiently.
Especially when it comes to matted hair. With this guide, you will know for sure that you are on the right path in finding the best hair clippers for your dog.
Clippers will last a long time before you will need to replace them.